Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve to you, too!

Hi all!

We just got back from an overnight stay in Chicago.  It was a nice change of pace.  No pics, unfortunately.  We stayed in a hotel on Michigan Ave.  {Thanks, Tr*velocity!}

We ate a lot of food!  First of all, we met a pastor who has been sent out of our church and started a church in downtown Chicago about two years ago.  Actually, he's in the neighborhood where our President is from.  Um, yah...a very liberal neighborhood.  About the food.  I'm not a huge meat eater but I ordered a patty melt.  Woah, buddy!  Del-i-cio!!  I ate the entire thing.

Second place that we ate was at a steakhouse.  I had salmon because I don't treasure steak like I treasure seafood.  Yes, I'm weird.  It was good.

This morning.  Coffee and scone from a coffee stand in a mall.

This afternoon.  Pizza from our favorite joint.  But I was/am not feeling well so I didn't eat very much.  Bummer!

Let me tell you about last night.  First of all, I couldn't fall asleep because of an extremely sore throat.  Then, as I was drifting off to sleep, loud noises from the hallway kept interrupting my sleep.  At 12:30am, I woke up because of some very loud people.  Bummer!  Then, I woke up a few other times during the night.  That's very odd because I claim to be a heavy sleeper and the bed was very comfortable.  Oh well.  I guess I'll sleep good tonight!  {Jen, your post cracked me up.  I wouldn't know how to deal with it either. Maybe sleep with your ipod on??  But you would still here banging pots and pans and you couldn't call security like I did last night!!}

It's been raining here today and now the temperature is dropping.  Everything is turning to ice.  We SLID down our driveway, coming pretty close to hitting the two cars parked at the bottom of the driveway.  We may be walking to church tonight.  Ha!

I hope you're night is merry + bright.  Mine will be.  I love going to church on Christmas Eve.

xx hugs + love xx

No comments: