Tuesday, December 22, 2009

o happy day!

Today has been fab-u-lous!

#1 - I woke up to snow gently falling.
#2 - I woke up knowing I completed a lot before I went to bed last night.
#3 - The peeps that I cleaned for today gave me a Christmas bonus + + + she bought me something from an etsy shop that I hearted. Absolutely, one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received. It may seem like a small gesture but it meant the world to me.
#4 - My Granny has made us laugh today. {I have to write this down for posterity.} Here's the story:

She had an appointment at the doctor today. Doctor's appts. make her perk up in a very unusual way. Our doctor has been our doc since before I was born; he graduated from the med school where my dad works; and he is a very serious man. Another pre-note to the story, she tells my Mom and I frequently, "You are the prettiest and the sweetest thing that ever walked" or something in that variation. So today, she says to the doctor, "Did you know you are the most beautiful doctor?" My Mom said he turned beet red and they were laughing so hard. The other funny thing she said to him today was, "I bet you didn't think you were gonna get to see me today." Hil-a-rio!! Even though there have been many rough patches with her due to her dementia, we wouldn't trade the last 4 1/2 years with her living up here with us in IN. There have been so many memories!

#5 - {I'm putting this up for my own motivation.} Today is going to end as an extremely happy day because all my gifts will be wrapped and put under the tree before I go to bed. :) How's that?!!

Merry, merry, happy Christmas!

No comments: