Monday, November 16, 2009

100 things

I had planned to do the 100 things about me post on my 100th post but that post came and went! I've never done a list this long. I had mixed feelings about doing it because it does seem a bit self-centered but after I read one the other day and it looked interesting, I decided to jump in and do it.  Oh, and this is not one bit spiritual.  I've had to come back and edit and re-edit this post before posting it.  I'm still having mixed feelings about this thing. And there's absolutely no particular order to this list at all.
  1. I am the oldest in my family.
  2. I am the oldest grandchild on both sides of my family.
  3. I have always wanted an older brother, a sister close to my age, and a baby sister.
  4. I am slightly OCD about certain things.
  5. My favorite color is yellow!
  6. I had two sets of braces growing up.
  7. I think that good quality and fewer things (possessions) is better than poorer quality and more things.
  8. I am unabashed lover and addict of sweet tea.
  9. I love birds.
  10. I would love to travel the U.S.
  11. I love the deep South.
  12. I love the midwest.
  13. My family members are my closest friends.
  14. I miss my best friend from HS, Becky.
  15. People who don't know me think that I am quieter, proper, and reserved (more like my Oma).
  16. People who really know me know that I can be super-talkative and slightly crazy (ie excitable) (more like my Granny).
  17. I think my personality is a great blend of both of my grandma's.
  18. I miss my brother (one year younger than me) a lot!
  19. I took piano lessons for 12 years.
  20. But that doesn't necessarily mean that I'm great at the piano.
  21. I played the flute for 14 years.
  22. But that doesn't necessarily mean that I'm great at playing the flute.
  23. I love to sing harmony.
  24. My favorite month is October.
  25. My favorite season is summer.
  26. I love to ski.
  27. I'm growing my hair out.
  28. That is different because normally I have short hair.
  29. I used to sleep with my contacts in my eyes.
  30. In college, sometimes I would be so tired after church from my busy weekend that I would come home and lay on my bed to "think."  Before I knew it, I had fallen asleep in my church clothes & with my shoes on + the lights on in my bedroom.  I would wake up either very early the next morning or during the middle of the night.
  31. I have always loved to do laundry.
  32. I dislike cleaning showers but don't mind cleaning toilets so much.
  33. When I was younger, I read too much.
  34. I still love to read but don't read as much as I used to.
  35. My favorite time era is the 40's, 50's, and 60's.
  36. My favorite series to read growing up was Cherry Ames.  She was a nurse in the 40's & World War II.
  37. I wanted to be a nurse at one time.
  38. I went to school to start my nursing degree.
  39. Sometimes, I wish I was a nurse.
  40. But I know that I could never be a nurse now!
  41. Blood & weird medical procedures gross me out.
  42. I have a tendency to start things and not finish.
  43. I love to dress up because I wear casual clothes 5 1/2 days a week.
  44. I would love to go to the White Sox training camp in AZ.
  45. Every year, I follow the Sox a little more.
  46. No matter how prim and proper I seem, I'm really a country girl at heart.
  47. I dislike being rushed (different from being busy).
  48. I wish I was more creative.
  49. I am frequently late in turning in library books...hence, many late fines.
  50. I've been to the UK.
  51. I've been to the Caribbean.
  52. I've climbed (really hiked) Pikes Peak.
  53. I've hiked the Grand Canyon.
  54. I've been white-water rafting.
  55. I've been to Mexico.
  56. I've been to Canada.
  57. I would prefer to travel the U.S. before I travel internationally.
  58. Every summer as a kid, we went to AL to visit my maternal grandparents.
  59. Those are some of my happiest memories.
  60. I wish I payed more attention in college.
  61. My college graduation day was one of the happiest days of my life.
  62. Bring on the road trips...I love them!
  63. I'm the teacher for the 1st-3rd grade girls class for the midweek service at our church.
  64. I love that class!
  65. I wish I talked slower.
  66. I've had the same Bible since HS and cannot think of replacing it.
  67. As a little girl, I sort of made up mind that I would never get my name imprinted on my Bible until after I was married.
  68. Now, I think it would be great to get my name imprinted on my Bible even though I'm not married.  :)  Funny how our opinions change!
  69. My initials spell r-a-g.
  70. I love to play VB.
  71. I love to sing in the car.
  72. My coach started to teach me overhand serves when I was a junior (in HS) but I could never get the hang of it.
  73. I love DD coffee over St*rbucks any day!
  74. I do not have a perfect underhand now!
  75. My secret:  I cannot place a serve...no matter how hard I try!
  76. Our girls' intramural team was undefeated my senior year in HS.
  77. I was the girl in 8th grade Home-Ec that could not tie a knot.
  78. I don't like to play basketball.
  79. I got hit in the head with a softball at a college activity and needed stitches.
  80. I haven't played softball since.
  81. I love to swim.
  82. I would love to live on a boat...not a houseboat and not a huge yacht...just a cute little boat that can cruise around wherever.
  83. I love the snow.
  84. I dislike the cold.
  85. I like to recycle.
  86. I'm sort of crunchy-green organic...SORT OF...not weird and not completely. (Post edit: meaning, I prefer homemade food, beef from organic-fed cows, eggs from a farm, etc...)
  87. I was a sprinter in HS.
  88. I eat chocolate chips straight out of the as a snack.
  89. As much as I played sports in HS, I rarely do organized exercise now.
  90. I think being an active person is the best form of exercise.
  91. My favorite fiction book to read is When Crickets Cry.
  92. My favorite author is Elisabeth Elliot.
  93. I've never gotten a speeding ticket.
  94. But I do have myself pegged for getting a speeding ticket one day in a few choice spots (eeekkkk....).
  95. My dad had me absolutely terrified of getting a speeding ticket when I first started driving.
  96. I am just now getting over that fear because I realize that I will pay the fine (and the larger fine at that) to keep it off my record.
  97. I started driving at 16.
  98. When I first started driving and got behind the wheel, I would laugh hysterically.  Partly from nerves and excitement and partly because my brothers made me laugh!
  99. This list took me a while to make.
  100. I think this list is too long.

2 comments:

lindsay said...

Fun list! Especially fun to read that you wanted to be a nurse at one point... I never really knew I wanted to be a nurse, but stumbled into it (God's leading) in college. Couldn't imagine doing anything else now! But it's funny, isn't it, how we sometimes have to learn those things about ourselves along the way. For example, I thought I wanted to be a biomedical researcher (hah! That would NEVER have worked!). :)

Rebecca at Cotton+Wood said...

Lindsay, I think that what you do is AWESOME! That would definitely be a dream job for me...live on a boat, be a nurse, and help poor people. It's not God's plan for my life but it's been incredible to read your stories!