Friday, November 20, 2009

cleaning can be so uncool sometimes

{please excuse my teenage slang, there!}

This is an "only-happens-to-Rebecca" story.

Let me insert a preface here and say that the longer I clean houses where pets are occupants, the less chance any future children of mine have for owning a pet.  The chances decrease greatly by the week!

I honestly can be a complete klutz.  Completely.  Hard to believe?  So true.

At this particular house, I clean the dog and cat bowls each week {which is a very good idea}. 

First of all, the dog decided not to come out of her cage this morning so I couldn't completely finish the {narrow} porch and added to the slight mayhem I'm about to decribe. 

This next scene that I'm about to describe happened in seconds, really.

As I'm putting the cat dish/tray on the built-in radiator/heater, it begins to fall.  I start to catch it as it is falling and end up with cat litter in my fingernails - double ewwww!  As I catch the falling dish/tray, I stumble over I-don't-know-what and somehow flick my shoe off.  My shoe flicking off turns into completely coming off my foot and flying in the air and into the bucket of yucky water.  As I'm reaching to catch my shoe, my unsuccessful attempts to stop the shoe from being immersed in water make my shoe become completely submerged in water.  Oh.my.goodness.!!!

I was fit to be tied!

Double-double-double-GROSS!!

First phrase that pops into my mind, "Cleaning can be so uncool sometimes."

I had to laugh, though, because it truly was an only-happens-to-Rebecca type of experience!

No comments: