Saturday, November 14, 2009

Today is...

...my 7th spiritual birthday!

I was a sophmore in college.

It was the last day of the youth conference at our church.

I hadn't been under deep conviction before the sermon.
I wasn't going through a difficult time spiritually.

But the Holy Spirit definitely drew me to Christ that day.
I can say that without a doubt.

It was the first time that I could not raise my hand to testify that I was saved.

I could not remain in my seat when the pastor asked for the unsaved to come forward.

It's humanly inexplicable. However, I'm so thankful that God saw fit to include me in His family. I had rejected Him for years because I had grown up in a Christian home and heard the Gospel countless times.

PRAISE GOD FOR SALVATION!

Through the difficult time I had spiritually at the end of the summer, my faith was shaken to the core. But as I dug into God's Word, my faith increased. This summer, I've become more aware of what Christ has done for me. I have become more aware of my sinful condition. I have become more aware of my daily need for Him. What would I have done this summer if it hadn't been for Christ? I'm so thankful for my salvation!

5 comments:

Anne said...

Praise the Lord! Happy spiritual birthday:).

Dear Abbi said...

Happy Birthday! Your testimony sounds a lot like mine. Have a great day basking in His goodness!

Rebecca at Cotton+Wood said...

Awww....thanks, ya'll! You're the best!

tiff said...

hey dear!

happy birthday! you have NO idea what a huge encouragement you've been to me the last couple comments!

thank you so much! :)

love you blog sister! :)

tiff

Rebecca at Cotton+Wood said...

Sweet! So glad I was a blessing!

{hugs to my blog friend}