Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I love lists and cause & effect verses in the Bible.  Lists make everything so straight-forward.  It's not that I think that the Bible isn't straight-forward but I just love lists. 

Anyways, I just wanted to share some {what I call} "cause and effect" verses.

It is a faithful saying:

For if we be dead with him,
we shall also live with him.
If we suffer,
we shall also reign with him.
If we deny him,
he also will deny us.

{Here's the clincher for me.}

If we believe not,
yet he abideth faithful: 
he cannot deny himself.

II Timothy 2:11-13

Lately, it seems that I have been referencing my spiritual trial this summer more frequently.  These verses really hit home.  God has said that He is faithful.  I had to believe Him.  God has said that He will never leave me.  I had to believe Him.  God has said that He cleanseth me from all my sin.  He has given me salvation.  I had to believe Him.  But even if I do not believe, He is still faithful.  He cannot deny Himself.  He is faithful.  Wow!  What an awesome assurance and thought!

No comments: